Okay. Just for the record, here’s the long (and pretty complicated) way to get a new blog post up.
- Write on my computer (iMac)
- Check in the post to Git (locally)
- Push the changes to my blog repo on BitBucket
- Log into my Virtual Machine (local) where Jekyll is installed (see note 1)
- Pull the changes from Git (BitBucket)
- Run Jekyll
- rsync the new _site folder, so the changes appear live on this blog
- Check in the new _site changes
- Commit to Git, push
- Pull changes from Git to my iMac (for backing up/records)
Should have just stayed with Wordpress.